Can I start volunteering again?
From 29th March, people will no longer be legally required to stay at home, meaning people will no longer be legally required to undertake their volunteer role from home unless they cannot reasonably do so. From this date forward, people should continue to volunteer from home where possible and they can leave home to volunteer if they are not required to self-isolate for any reason.
· People can meet in groups of any size, indoors or outdoors, while volunteering.
· Volunteering which cannot be done from home can continue in closed business or venue while it remains closed to the public.
· Businesses/venues, community centres and libraries which are otherwise required to close or restrict their activities are permitted to open and be used, including by volunteers, for a number of specific purposes only.
· Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs and holiday lets, which are otherwise ordered to close, are permitted to open for people who need to stay for volunteering purposes
As ever, people should follow social distancing guidance while volunteering outside the home, or COVID-secure guidance if in a workplace. While travelling to volunteer or while volunteering, people should follow safer travel guidance.
Step 2 in the Roadmap (12th April)
Restrictions changed on 12th April in the roadmap. The rules for volunteering remain the same as above.
I’m clinically extremely vulnerable, can I volunteer?
From 1st April, clinically extremely vulnerable people will no longer be advised to shield. Like everyone else, people in this group should volunteer from home where possible. They can also choose to volunteer outside the home. However, they’re advised to take extra steps to keep themselves safe. This includes minimising:
- the number of social interactions they have
- the time they spend in places where they can’t maintain social distancing
What volunteering opportunities are available?
We have lots of opportunities to volunteer on our website at the moment, both at home and in person.
I Need Help
If you need some help with finding and applying for volunteering roles, or aren’t sure what you can or can’t do at the moment, please speak to our Volunteer Development Manager, Becky – firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can text/phone/WhatsApp her on 07776 588691.