We are a community group & social enterprise, about to become a CIC.
Our vision is to help combat isolation and loneliness, whilst inspiring people and creating opportunities and purpose.
We work with people from birth to end of life and everything in between.
Our community hub, provides a safe, warm, welcoming place for people to meet.
We get involved in community groups, local charities and other organisations
We support and collaborate with other professionals and organisations, whilst providing support for mental health and wellbeing.
We signpost and provide social prescribing, which also helps reduce frailty issues, safeguarding and provides early intervention services. We add sparkle to people’s lives!
Volunteer Role TitleVolunteer Play Support Assistant - Dewsbury
About the Volunteer Role
The Crescent are looking for volunteers to support the holiday activities and food programme for 8-16 yr olds across Kirklees. Your role is to support the paid play worker or sports coach. Fun and engaging activities are part of the offer of the School’s Out programme.
This role is located at Shaw Cross Young Persons Club, Leeds Road, Dewsbury, WF12 7HP
THE ROLE WILL TYPICALLY INVOLVE THE FOLLOWING TASKS
· Helping to set up activities and crafts for the provider.
· Welcoming children to the activity and signing them in.
· Assisting with the activities such as sports, crafts, dance, outdoor play.
· Supporting the children to engage in the activities whilst remaining safe.
· Helping close the activities, tidy up and be involved in a de-brief at the end of each session.
· Follow all health, safety and safeguarding procedures.
DAY AND TIMES
The School’s Out programme runs Tuesday to Friday, from 27th July until the 20th August. Ideally we would like you to be able to commit to at least 4 days across the 4 week programme.
WE WELCOME THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
· Experience of engaging with children.
· Work well within a team.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to follow our procedures including health and safety.
· Fun and friendly.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
· We will provide an induction to the programme, so you fully understand what you are contributing to.
· We can offer travel expenses.
· We provide telephone support while you are volunteering.
· We will provide lunch.
· If you complete your volunteering role successfully, we will provide a letter of reference for any future employers.
Due to the nature of this role, all volunteers will require an up to date enhanced DBS check. We will organise this for you.
The role involves contact with children, many of whom may not have been vaccinated. We ask all volunteers who wish to apply for this role to understand this and only apply if you do not consider yourself vulnerable.
When you can volunteerRequired to Volunteer on
DateTuesday Daytime, Wednesday Daytime, Thursday Daytime, Friday Daytime
Suitable for under 18'sNo
Type of roleSport / Physical Activity, Arts/Culture/Heritage, Teaching/Mentoring, Children/ Young People / Families
Special RequirementsApplication form required, References required, DBS (criminal record check that the organisation will organise)
Dewsbury & Mirfield