Oxfam’s network of over 650 shops is run by 23,000 volunteers and shop managers. Through the sale of donated goods and new products the shops contribute millions of pounds each year to help fund Oxfam’s crucial work.
Volunteer Role TitleVolunteer Stockroom Assistant
About the Volunteer Role
Are you interested in getting retail experience but prefer to work behind the scenes away from the shop floor? Then we may have the perfect role for you working as part of our friendly stockroom team!
What the role involves...
- Sorting and pricing of donated stock, could include clothing, accessories, books, homewares
- Getting stock ready to be moved onto the shop floor
- Keeping the stockroom organised and tidy
What's in it for you?
- Building your skills, confidence and your CV
- Making friends and having fun
- Local travel and lunch expenses paid in line with Oxfam's expense policy
- Helping to raise vital funds for Oxfam's work to end poverty, and promote sustainability
This role is flexible, ideally you will be able to volunteer 4 hours per week as a minimum. The store is located at Foldhead Mills, Huddersfield Road, Mirfield WF14 8BE.
When you can volunteerFlexible
Suitable for under 18'sYes
Minimum Age14 years
Type of roleAdmin / Retail
Special RequirementsApplication form required, References required
Dewsbury & Mirfield