KVIN is a network of staff, volunteers and service users who help break down stereotypes of people with sight loss and encourage them to reach their full potential. We offer emotional support, guidance and friendship as well as providing peer support to help people with visual impairments learn to effectively use and make the most of technology such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home and various apps for phones and tablets.
As the charity is user-led, it is run by people with visual impairments and is a real lifeline for people who think they have to give up doing all the things they like due to sight loss.
We are putting in plans for restarting our face to face groups from June onwards and are looking for volunteers to support our groups with the administration tasks associated with that.
Volunteer Role TitleAdmin Support
About the Volunteer Role
We are looking for an organised person to help us with admin tasks to help make sure our face to face groups can run smoothly.
· Welcoming and signing in group participants.
· Taking a lunch order, making the order and collecting money.
· Inputting monitoring data into an online data management system (Charity Log).
· Supporting the volunteer team running the group as and when needed.
· Making sure group participants are well looked after.
· Other adhoc admin tasks associated with the running of the organisation.
This role will be based at the Whitfield Centre, 180 Soothill Ln, Batley WF17 6HP
On Wednesdays 9.30am-2.30pm, from June onwards
We are looking for someone;
· with experience using a computer with email and Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Training will be given to use Charity Log.
· who enjoys meeting people and are enthusiastic and friendly.
· who is organised and likes a challenge.
· Who can communicate with service users, staff and other volunteers.
In this role you will be giving your time to KVIN to benefit local people with visual impairments.
As a KVIN volunteer you will become part of a friendly and dedicated team. You will have the opportunity to meet new people and make friends and gain skills and experience for your career. You will be offered training opportunities to develop in your role.
When you can volunteerRequired to Volunteer on
Suitable for under 18'sNo
Type of roleAdmin / Retail, IT/Social Media
Special RequirementsApplication form required, References required, DBS (criminal record check that the organisation will organise)
Batley and Spen