CHART Kirklees are a Substance and Alcohol misuse service in Kirklees providing advice and support to change lives for the better. Part of Change, Grow, Live. We have centres in Huddersfield and Dewsbury.
Volunteer Role TitleRecovery Support Volunteer
About the Volunteer Role
At Change Grow Live you will be working with people to help them change the direction of their life, grow as an individual, and live life to its full potential.
As a Recovery Support Volunteer you will be working in close collaboration with Recovery Coordinators, assisting them in their caseload management, supporting the service user through all aspects of their treatment journey. This can include completing assessments, risk management plans and undertaking one to one work. You will receive training and support and work towards holding a small caseload of low risk clients.
· Support the recovery coordinator to carry out comprehensive assessments, triage, risk assessments, risk management plans and to contribute to the development of individual community recovery plans
- Provide 1:1 key work session including harm reduction advice and recovery planning
- Support those who use our services to achieve their care plan goals
- Support and empower service users to engage in recovery activities both within Change Grow Live and the wider community
- Work towards holding a small caseload of low risk service users, coordinating their treatment options
- Document sessions on case management systems
You will be expected to follow the Change Grow Live’s policies, procedures and standards, including health and safety and equal opportunities, in relation to our staff, volunteers and clients. You will need to understand the importance of confidentiality and be reliable.
We are looking for people who have an understanding of the issues faced by our client group. You will also need to be IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work on own initiative prioritising accordingly.
You will have the opportunity to liaise and work in partnership with a wide range of professionals and agencies. This is a great opportunity for anyone of a caring nature interested in support services and making a real difference to people's lives.
The role is subject to DBS check at an enhanced level,
When you can volunteerFlexible
Suitable for under 18'sNo
Type of roleBefriending/Support/Care, Support Work
Special RequirementsApplication form required, References required, DBS (criminal record check that the organisation will organise)
Anywhere in Kirklees